Mother's Day | My Newborn Must-Haves
All products in this post have been gifted. Photos by Carter Fish.
Hey, Alexa. Play "Baby Shark." 🎶
In case you missed the news, we recently welcomed our first child - Theo Miles Farber - into the world!
And while I've only been a mom for two weeks (and hardly consider myself an expert) - I did want to share some of the incredible products that have helped make our transition into parenthood a smooth one.
As small business owners, Brad and I strived to include as many small business and women-owned businesses as possible in Theo's nursery. Read on to learn more!
1. We wanted a crib that was not only comfortable and safe for baby, but also looked nice in our crib. 😉 Enter: Babyletto. The Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib comes with a toddler bed conversion kit so you’ll be able to use it for years. It’s modern and versatile, and screened for harmful chemicals to ensure it meets GREENGUARD GOLD Certification for baby’s safety.
Plus, Babyletto is a small, minority-own business that offers some sweet perks to their employees. Read more in my latest for Business Insider.
2. The Safe + Smart Bottle Warmer by Baby Brezza is is the only bottle warmer that safely and evenly heats both formula and breast milk. This has a setting for both formula and breast milk. For breast milk they used Steady Warm technology, which uses a warm water bath to preserve nutrients unlike traditional warmers that use steam heat which destroys milk proteins.
3. Baby Brezza's One Step Sterilizer Dryer Advanced kills 99.9% of germs and sterilizes and dries in one step (perfect for this Jewish mama 😉). This model holds up to 8 bottles, 2 full sets of pump parts and accessories. It’s modular so you can add or remove bins depending on which items you are sterilizing.
4. To complete our lineup of awesome bottle products, we opted for the Boon Lawn Drying Rack and Bottle Cleaning Cacti Set… because LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE. Boon has a whole line of nature-inspired drying accessories – all perfect place for bottles, pacifiers, sippy cup parts and more. (Made without BPA or PVC.)
SHOP THE DRYING RACK
5. As a tech entrepreneur, I’m always looking for the latest in smart devices for my small business – and my baby is no different!
We’re loving the Nanit Pro Complete Monitoring System, which allows us to keep an eye on our baby’s crib with 1080p clarity. The system includes Breathing Wear, which lets us monitor the baby’s breathing without electronics in the crib, the Nanit Smart Sheets allow us to measure the baby’s height and track his growth, and the Multi-Stand lets take Nanit with us around the house or to the grandparents’ house for a visit!
SHOP THE MONITOR SYSTEM
6. Thankfully, Theo decided to grace us with his presence before temperatures got too crazy hot here in Tampa, so nightly walks have become a staple in our routine.
We’re obsessed with the Lalo Daily Stroller, which comes with a bassinet option. It’s super light, has three position options for baby, and folds up in seconds.
SHOP THE STROLLER
7. Is there anything cuter than a swaddled baby? 😍 Theo is loving his comfy Swado Swaddle, and mom and dad are loving their patented GoodCatch™ fasteners, which are completely silent, without buckles, buttons or zippers.
8. As I’m sure every new mom would agree, every moment of peace and quiet with a newborn is valuable. That’s why I chose the Elvie Breast Pump. It’s the first silent wearable breast pump that fits right in my bra, with no tubes, wires – and most importantly – noise.
SHOP BREAST PUMPS
9. The mamaRoo sleep bassinet (aka Theo’s third parent) soothes and comforts with 5 unique rocking motions (car ride, wave, kangaroo, tree swing and rock-a-bye) and 5 speeds, so you can find the perfect combination for your little one. (It also follows the AAP’s Safe Sleep Guidelines for newborns!)
10. From Theo’s very first bath, we’ve used Baby Magic’s shampoos, baby wash and lotion. It’s gentle on his skin (and our hands), and smells wonderful.
SHOP BATH PRODUCTS
11. Diaper changing, but make it chic. Skip Hop’s Diaper Pail takes the mess (and smell) out of baby changing.
SHOP DIAPER NECESSITIES
12. I swear the things for baby are multiplying before my eyes. I couldn’t imagine what Theo’s nursery would look like without Open Spaces Storage Bins. 10/10 recommend – and mom tip: Buy more than you think you need.
SHOP STORAGE BINS
13. Pass the (baby) bottle. Theo and I are both obsessed with Comotomo baby bottles. They have smart, non-leaking dual air-vents to prevent colic, a wide-neck design for easy cleaning, and a hygienic silicone material. The best part: They’re designed to mimic breastfeeding for a smoother transition between bottle and breast.